10M+ money transfer comparisons made
$38M+ in Transfer fees saved
200 services reviewed and compared
650 guides to help you avoid hidden fees
Best Rated Providers to Send Money from the USA to Nigeria
FAQ about money transfers from the United States to Nigeria
What's the best way to transfer money from the United States to Nigeria? 💸
The best way to send money from the US to Nigeria depends on the delivery method, the amount and the speed of a transfer. It’s hard to compare all the options at once. But we have good news - you don’t have to do it on your own.
With Monito you can compare all of the most popular options side-by-side and make an informed choice with just a few clicks.
Is it possible to send money online from the US to a cash pick-up location in Nigeria?
Yes, you can send money online from the US to a cash-pick up location in Nigeria. It's an excellent option as there are over 40 million people without access to bank accounts in Nigeria.
WorldRemit cash pick-up transfers are available to collect in 3 minutes from any branch of:
- FCMB: there are 200+ location in major cities (Abuja, Ibadan, Ikeja, Kaduna, Lagos, Portharcourt and many more)
- Fidelity Bank: all of 230 offices operates Mon - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Zenith Bank: transfer pick-up in all of Zenith Bank branches - the largest financial service provider in Nigeria
- Polaris you can pick up the transfer in almost 300 locations (Mon - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm)
- Access: over 300 branches are located all over the country in all majors cities, including Abuja, Lagos, Kaduna, and Port Harcourt
- Union Bank: all 300 offices are open Mon - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- First Bank: the beneficiary can pick up the money in almost 600 branches (Mon - Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm)
What's the cheapest way to send money from the United States to Nigeria?
Using a bank is the first option that springs to mind when it comes to money transfers from the US to Nigeria. Unfortunately, it’s the most expensive way of sending money abroad. There are numerous better solutions available.
All of them you can compare on Monito and find the cheapest way to send money from the United States to Nigeria with just a few clicks.
How to send money from the United States to Nigerian bank account at the best rate? 🏦
When it comes to money transfers from the US to Nigeria, there will be a significant difference in the charges that you’ll pay if you use an online money transfer operator over your bank.
If you plan to transfer the money from the US to Nigeria, the best option is to do it online. Many online money transfer operators offer low fees and excellent exchange rates. All the options you can quickly compare on Monito to find an easy and inexpensive way to send money to Nigeria.
Here's how to send money from the United States to Nigeria with a money transfer specialist:
- Compare & find the cheapest money transfer provider on Monito
- Open an account online or log in (if you already have an account)
- Set-up your transfer and provide the beneficiary's bank details in Nigeria
- Fund your transfer by wire transfer, debit or credit card
- Click “send” - your money is on its way from the US to Nigeria 💸
See Monito's In-Depth Money Transfer Guides
Questions you may have
How can I use Monito to find the best option to send money to Nigeria?
Before each international money transfer, you should come and compare the costs of the different options on Monito, as they may have changed. The cheapest option is at the top, of our results but you may want to consider other criteria such as the speed of transaction or the pay-in or pay-out methods.
I simply use my bank to send money to Nigeria, do I really need to compare other options?
Of course! Banks are usually not the best way to make international money transfers. The fees can be quite low (and sometimes even zero), but beware of the poor exchange rates which banks often apply. We list as many banks as possible in our results, so do compare to find out if you’d be better off switching to another bank or a specialized money transfer company.
Can I trust a company I found on Monito but never heard about before?
Yes. We only list money transfer operators or banks that are fully authorized and monitored by the regulation authorities of the countries where they operate.
Is it possible to send money with Monito, or are you just a service to compare money transfer services?
Monito is not a money transfer company. We’re here to help you find the best way to send money to Nigeria.
Mid-market exchange rate
To calculate the total cost of your transfer, we compare the exchange rate every provider applies to your transactions with the latest mid-market exchange rate data that we source from XE.