10M+ money transfer comparisons made
$38M+ in Transfer fees saved
200 services reviewed and compared
650 guides to help you avoid hidden fees
Best Rated Providers to Send Money from the USA to Mexico
FAQ about money transfers from the US to Mexico
What's the best way to transfer money from US to Mexico? 💸
Is it possible to send money online from the US to a cash pick-up location in Mexico?
Yes, a money transfer can be sent online in the US and then pick up in more than 18,000 locations in all 32 Mexican states. Cash pick up is an excellent option for those without access to banking or financial services.
With WorldRemit you can send money to the following network of banks and cash pickup partners in Mexico:
- Walmart Mexico (Mi Bodega Aurrera, Bodega Aurrera Express & Superama)
- AirPak (Modatelas, Muebles America, Maxilana, Calimax and many more)
- Elektra: more than 600 offices in all Mexican states (and the network keeps growing)
- Banco Azteca: there are more than 150 branches, located in all major cities in Mexico
- Bancoppel: the money can be sent to more than 1,300 branches located in all Mexican states
- BBVA Bancomer: Mexico’s largest bank with more than 1,830 offices located throughout the country
- Chedraui: more than 300 stores located in major Mexican cities
- Farmapronto: the largest pharmacy chain in Mexico with hundreds of stores in ex. Mexico City
- Telecomm Telegrafos: more than 1,600 offices located in rural areas (open Monday to Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm and Saturday between 9:00am - 1:00pm)
- Pagos Intermex: offices available in all Mexican states (open from Monday to Friday between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm and Saturday between 10:00 am - 2:30 pm)
- Banorte: there are more than 1,000 branches located in ex. Aguascalientes, Alvaro Obregon, Benito Juarez, Coyoacan, Guadalajara, Miguel Hidalgo, Monterrey, Pueblo, Tijuana, Zapopan, and many more cities
- Banco Davivienda (Formerly Granbanco Bancafe S.A.): there are more than 40 branches located in ex. Bogota, Medellin, Cali or Barranquilla
- Super GIROS: more than 700 branches in all Colombian provinces and cities
- BBVA Colombia: a network of more than 500 bank branches throughout the country (ex. 134 in Bogota and 45 in Medellin)
- Bancolombia: more than 700 branches in the country (ex. in Armenia, Barranquilla, Bogota, Bucaramanga, Cali, Cucuta, Itagui, Manizales, Medellin, and many more).
What's the cheapest way to send money to Mexico from the US?
Money transfers from the US to Mexico could be very expensive if you’re unaware of hidden conversion costs. We always recommend avoiding using banks, PayPal, or cash-based money transfer services while transferring the funds from the US to Mexico.
Many money transfer operators are offering the lowest fees and the best US dollar-Mexican peso exchange rates. All the options you can compare on Monito to make sure you get the best deal for money transfers from the US to Mexico.
How to send money from the US to Mexican bank account at the best rate? 🏦
We highly recommend avoiding banks while transferring money from the US to Mexico. US banks charge a high upfront fee and a hidden currency exchange charge.
But there are plenty of dedicated money transfer services that will allow you to send money to a Mexican bank account at the best rate. You can compare these services using Monito's live comparison tool.
Here's how to send money from the US to a Mexican bank account with a money transfer specialist:
- Compare & find the cheapest service on Monito
- Open an account online with them
- Set-up your transfer and provide the beneficiary's bank details in Mexico
- Fund your transfer by wire transfer, debit or credit card
- Click “send”, and your money is on its way from the US to Mexico 💸
What is the fastest way to send money from the US to Mexico? 🔥
The speed of the transfer from the US to Mexico depends on the amount you send and the type of transfer you choose. With Monito, you will find a fast and reliable way to send money to Mexico.
In our comprehensive guide, you will find out how to choose the fastest money transfer services for your next transfer from the US to Mexico. We also share advice on how to make your money transfer even faster.
See Monito's In-Depth Money Transfer Guides
Questions you may have
How can I use Monito to find the best option to send money to Mexico?
Before each international money transfer, you should come and compare the costs of the different options on Monito, as they may have changed. The cheapest option is at the top, of our results but you may want to consider other criteria such as the speed of transaction or the pay-in or pay-out methods.
I simply use my bank to send money to Mexico, do I really need to compare other options?
Of course! Banks are usually not the best way to make international money transfers. The fees can be quite low (and sometimes even zero), but beware of the poor exchange rates which banks often apply. We list as many banks as possible in our results, so do compare to find out if you’d be better off switching to another bank or a specialized money transfer company.
Can I trust a company I found on Monito but never heard about before?
Yes. We only list money transfer operators or banks that are fully authorized and monitored by the regulation authorities of the countries where they operate.
Is it possible to send money with Monito, or are you just a service to compare money transfer services?
Monito is not a money transfer company. We’re here to help you find the best way to send money to Mexico.
- Send money from the USA to India
- Send money from the USA to China
- Send money from the USA to Canada
- Send money from Canada to the USA
- Send money from Japan to South Korea
- Send money from Turkey to Germany
- Send money from Saudi Arabia to Lebanon
- Send money from UK to China
- Send money from UK to Germany
- Send money from Canada to Pakistan
Mid-market exchange rate
To calculate the total cost of your transfer, we compare the exchange rate every provider applies to your transactions with the latest mid-market exchange rate data that we source from XE.