Why you can trust Monito
We started Monito after we experienced the frustration of losing tons of money on international transfer fees ourselves. Our mission is to empower millions of people around the world to make the best decision about money transfers, and to help our customers save billions in transfer fees.
Monito’s voice and opinion is recognized in the industry
Monito’s expertize is frequently requested by journalists for various media outlets, including TV, radio and newspapers. They often want to hear from an independent voice to help their audience navigate the jungle of money transfer fees and exchange rates.
Monito's co-founders were asked to make keynote speech at leading industry conferences such as the Global Money Transfer Summit in London as well as International Money Transfer Conference in Madrid and Istanbul. Monito also organized the first conference about transparency in the money transfer industry at the Swiss Embassy in London, alongside keynote speakers from the WorldBank, DMA and Azimo.
They trust Monito
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) signed a memorandum of understanding with Monito (formerly known as TawiPay) on enhancing transparency in Remittances Market
- A leading consumer association in Switzerland is encouraging its members to compare fees on Monito when it comes to sending money abroad
- The Swiss’ State Department of Economic Affairs supports Monito’s mission to bring transparency in the money transfer industry
Best Swiss Startup 2018 - Prix Strategis
Best Swiss Fintech Pitch 2017 - Venture Leaders Fintech, New York
Jury's award 2016 - PERL (Prix pour l'Entrepreneuriat Région Lausanne)
Top 20 European Fintech Startups 2016 - TechTour
Social Impact Award 2014 - Impact Hub Zurich
Our Core Values
We value the diversity each new colleague brings to the team and respect everyone's differences, but we all adhere to a set of four core values.
These values help us define who we are as a team and guide us in our everyday decisions.
Focus on impact
No impact is too small when it can scale at a global level. We grow with the needs of many in mind.
Make sense of data
Building knowledge from accurate data is the key to making pragmatic decisions.
Earn trust every day
Trust is our biggest asset. Independence and transparency are its safeguard.
We have the audacity to become the change we seek in the world.
Everyone wins, except expensive solutions
With our model, the only losers are banks with excessive fees and bad exchange rates, or the money transfer providers you’ll stop using!
To ensure our independence, we always use transparent, objective and verifiable criteria in our comparison. No provider can buy their way to the top of our results.
We include as many providers as possible in our comparison and have partnerships with almost all major and innovative providers.
We make sure you never pay more than if you went directly to the provider of your choice. We even negotiate special offers for you with many of our partners.
You save money on your transfer by selecting the cheapest provider on Monito. Our service is 100% free for our customers.
The best providers earn new customers without expensive marketing. This helps keep their costs (and prices) low.
Monito receives a referral fee from the provider you selected. This enables us to offer our service to you for free.
Compare your options before your next transfer
You might also like these posts
- Monito’s mission is to help millions of people around the world find a better way to send money abroad.This often means helping you find the cheapest provider for your transfer with our real-time comparison engine, but also providing y…
- When it comes to exchanging money, paying for your transfer, understanding exchange rates and more, it’s important to understand what all the details mean. We’ve got you covered, with our complete Monito glossary and guide to the main…
- You shop around before booking a flight or a hotel room so you can get the best value for you money, right? The same is true for money transfers: if you compare your options before making an international transfer, you can save money. …
- In August 2018, in partnership with the user-testing platform UserBrain, Monito published a benchmark study of 10 leading money transfer services. You will find the highlights of this study on this page, but download the report to get …