Everything you need to know when sending money abroad
When it comes to exchanging money, paying for your transfer, understanding exchange rates and more, it’s important to understand what all the details mean.
We’ve got you covered, with our complete Monito glossary and guide to the main terms you’ll come across when sending or receiving money internationally.
Our Money Transfer Glossary
Get started with our useful guides
- Avoid inflated fees and find the cheapest way to send money, right here, right now.
- How can you make the most of your currency exchange when you transfer large sums of money across borders? By finding the right money transfer company for your needs. When making large money transfers there are two key details to consid…
- Billions in currency exchange fees are paid by migrants every year without noticing it. Learn here how to identify and avoid them.
- Comparing money transfer services only takes about five minutes, but if you're really hesitant about wasting time, here are 6 more REASONs that will convince you.
Popular content on Monito
- Each Venmo transfer needs the sender and beneficiary to be physically in the US, so you can’t use it to send money abroad to a friend or family. If you’re looking for the best service for your money transfers, you can compare all solu…
- In August 2018, in partnership with the user-testing platform UserBrain, Monito published a benchmark study of 10 leading money transfer services. You will find the highlights of this study on this page, but download the report to get …
- A Square Cash transaction is only available in the US, but if you’re looking for the best service for your money transfers, compare your solutions on Monito.
- Moving to Mexico? Or just tinkering with the idea? Here's our round up of what to keep in mind if you're thinking of relocating to Mexico.
- Zelle is great, but it's only available in the US. If you’re looking for the best service for your money transfers, compare your solutions on Monito.
- Managing your finances across multiple countries and currencies is tricky, especially if you don't have a fixed abode, are traveling regularly or you're living abroad. But a variety of international, multi-currency accounts make banki…
How to use Monito to make the most of your international money transfers
Monito is a comparison website for international money transfer services.
We compare more than 300 providers so that you can find the cheapest option for each of your transfers.