Everything you need to know when sending money abroad
When it comes to exchanging money, paying for your transfer, understanding exchange rates and more, it’s important to understand what all the details mean.
We’ve got you covered, with our complete Monito glossary and guide to the main terms you’ll come across when sending or receiving money internationally.
Get started with our useful guides
- How can you make the most of your currency exchange when you transfer large sums of money across borders? By finding the right money transfer company for your needs. When making large money transfers there are two key details to consid…
- Billions in currency exchange fees are paid by migrants every year without noticing it. Learn here how to identify and avoid them.
Popular content on Monito
- Each Venmo transfer needs the sender and beneficiary to be physically in the US, so you can’t use it to send money abroad to a friend or family. If you’re looking for the best & cheapest way to send money internationally, you can comp…
- Managing your finances across multiple countries and currencies is tricky, especially if you don't have a fixed abode, are traveling regularly or you're living abroad. But a variety of international, multi-currency accounts make banki…
- Zelle is great, but it's only available in the US. If you’re looking for the best & cheapest way to send money internationally, you can compare all solutions on Monito.
- A Square Cash transaction is only available in the US, but if you’re looking for the best service for your money transfers, compare your solutions on Monito.
- How can you ensure more money reaches the beneficiary? What are the fees associated with an international bank transfer? How long does an international bank transfer take? Is this the best way to transfer my money? Here are the answers…
- Mid-market? Mid-rate? Middle rate? Standard rate? Breaking down the many ways to describe an exchange rate. When it comes to the money exchange market, a massive amount of words come into play to describe the same thing. In the fore…
Our Money Transfer Glossary
Compare money transfer providers side by side
All you need to know about using a credit/debit cards abroad
- Traveling abroad with a credit or debit card? A few simple tricks--like pressing the right button--can help you save money while paying with a card in a foreign country. From choosing to pay in the local currency when the card machine …
- We’ve all been there. You return from a holiday abroad, check your bank balance, see some surprisingly outrageous charges and go OUCH! You’re in pain because you’ve been slapped with inflated foreign transaction fees and obscene excha…
- Don’t you hate it when you come home from a lovely holiday, check your bank balance and see how much money you spend on ATM withdrawals? There are a number of ways to avoid this, including getting a special multi-currency card with per…
How to use Monito to make the most of your international money transfers
Monito is a comparison website for international money transfer services.
We compare more than 300 providers so that you can find the cheapest option for each of your transfers.
Latest news about the money transfer industry
- Money sent by relatives living abroad are a lifeline for many people in Nigeria (as much as 3 million Nigerians are believed to receive money from overseas each year). In 2015, the…