Get our email alerts
We'll send you the exchange rate, best deal, and other helpful tips.
10M+ money transfer comparisons made
$38M+ in Transfer fees saved
200 services reviewed and compared
650 guides to help you avoid hidden fees
Best Rated Providers to Send Money from Germany to Colombia
FAQ about money transfers from Germany to Colombia
What's the best way to transfer money from Germany to Colombia? 💸
There are several things you should pay attention to while sending money from Germany to Colombia:
- EUR-COP exchange rate
- pick-up options
- transfer speed.
Sounds complicated, right? With Monito comparison tool, you will find and compare money transfer options from Germany to Colombia with just a few simple clicks.
What's the cheapest way to send money from Germany to Colombia?
❌Let's start with the most expensive solutions: banks, cash-based money transfer, and Paypal are, in general, pricey when you consider all fees (incl. hidden currency exchange rate margin).
✅Thankfully, there are plenty of online money transfer services with transparent & cheap fees and favourable EUR-COP exchange rates. You can compare them all and find the cheapest way to send money to Colombia from Germany with Monito.
Is it possible to send money online from Germany to a cash pick-up location in Colombia? 💶
Yes, you can send money online from Germany to a cash-pick up location in Colombia. It's an excellent option when a person you're sending money to, does not have a bank account or wants to receive money as fast as possible. With Azimo, the money can be delivered on the same day to any pick-up location in Colombia.
With Azimo you can pick up the money from more than 890 cash-pick up locations in Colombia, including:
- Banco Davivienda (Formerly Granbanco Bancafe S.A.): there are more than 40 branches located in ex. Bogota, Medellin, Cali or Barranquilla
- Bancolombia: more than 700 branches in the country (ex. in Armenia, Barranquilla, Bogota, Bucaramanga, Cali, Cucuta, Itagui, Manizales, Medellin, and many more).
- Financiera Pago: there are more than 600 offices all over Colombia
- Super GIROS: more than 700 branches in all Colombian provinces and cities
How to send money from Germany to Colombian bank account at the best rate? 🏦
Banks in Germany make huge profits by charging significant currency conversion fees for international money transfers from Germany to Colombia. If you don't want to be ripped off with hefty hidden fees, use online money transfer services for sending money to Colombia.
Here's are just 6 easy steps to follow when you want to send money from Germany to a Colombian bank account at the best rate:
- Find a cheap and reliable service on Monito.
- Set up an account with a provider.
- Decide how much Euro you want to exchange for Colombian peso.
- Provide all the necessary details, including the beneficiary's bank details in Colombia.
- Send EUR to the currency provider via bank transfer, debit card, or credit card.
- The money transfer service converts EUR to COP and transfers it to the recipient in Colombia.
The money is on its way from Germany to Colombia. 💸
See Monito's In-Depth Money Transfer Guides
Questions you may have
How can I use Monito to find the best option to send money to Colombia?
Before each international money transfer, you should come and compare the costs of the different options on Monito, as they may have changed. The cheapest option is at the top, of our results but you may want to consider other criteria such as the speed of transaction or the pay-in or pay-out methods.
I simply use my bank to send money to Colombia, do I really need to compare other options?
Of course! Banks are usually not the best way to make international money transfers. The fees can be quite low (and sometimes even zero), but beware of the poor exchange rates which banks often apply. We list as many banks as possible in our results, so do compare to find out if you’d be better off switching to another bank or a specialized money transfer company.
Can I trust a company I found on Monito but never heard about before?
Yes. We only list money transfer operators or banks that are fully authorized and monitored by the regulation authorities of the countries where they operate.
Is it possible to send money with Monito, or are you just a service to compare money transfer services?
Monito is not a money transfer company. We’re here to help you find the best way to send money to Colombia.
- Send money from Germany to Spain
- Send money from Belgium to Spain
- Send money from Turkey to Austria
- Send money from Australia to the Czech Republic
- Send money from Cyprus to Vietnam
- Send money from Cyprus to Albania
- Send money from Croatia to Denmark
- Send money from Norway to Burundi
- Send money from Portugal to Gambia
- Send money from Ireland to Niger
Mid-market exchange rate
To calculate the total cost of your transfer, we compare the exchange rate every provider applies to your transactions with the latest mid-market exchange rate data that we source from XE.