How long does an international bank transfer take?
International bank transfers usually take a few days. It depends on the country of origin, the destination and the banks involved. Here are some examples:
- Lloyds international transfer time: a few days in general but it varies depending where you transfer money to. It can be up to four days to Canada and up to 14 days to Kenya, for example.
- HSBC UK international transfer time: up to 4 working days
- Barclays UK international bank transfer time: 1-2 days depending on the time of transfer
- Bank of America international transfer time: 2-4 day
- RBS international transfer time: 2-4 working days
As you can see, you won’t get clarity as banks don’t like to tell you exactly how much time it will take at the time of your transfer.