We just published our in-depth review of WorldRemit. You can read the full review on our website, where you’ll find the details of our independent evaluation, customer reviews, information about how to send money with WorldRemit, and the story behind the company.
WorldRemit is a low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer services, and the fact that you can transfer money anywhere and at any time using the WorldRemit website or mobile app makes it a highly convenient service. WorldRemit, which has been called “the WhatsApp of money”, is particularly strong on mobile platforms. There’s no need to physically go to an agent location, line up and wait. Everything happens online, which means WorldRemit can save on costs and pass these savings on to its customers.
- A large number of payout countries and networks
- Very strong on mobile (both send and receive)
- Low-cost alternative to high-street money transfer companies for remittances
- Convenient and easy to use
- Not always the cheapest provider for transfers of large amounts or to bank accounts
- For a few countries, only airtime top-up is available